Monday, March 1, 2010

I don't really...

have too much to say right now. Haha! Just because of that, I'm sure that this will end up being a super super long post.

I have about fifteen minutes before I have to head off to rehearsal. We don't have to start until six, but our director made a very clear point of telling me today in Business that I have to be there before. So I'll leave my room at 5:30 and be there soon after. This isn't a very big campus.

This weekend, my mom and I discussed my living arrangements for next year. One of my friends wants to move off campus and into an apartment... but I'm not sure if I can do that. For one, I adore having the option to wake up fifteen minutes before class, get some coffee, and walk over to the Bell Tower. If I lived off, I wouldn't have that option.

Not that I even do that. I just like having the option to sleep in.

But right now, the conclusion we've come to is that I will move into the "senior" dorms, rather than stay isolated in my room in the "freshman" dorms. It'll be like having the apartment experience, but not actually off campus yet.

I've been doing a lot of knitting recently. There's about four (soon to be five) projects spread about my room - the mock-cable scarf that I need to get more yarn for, the lacy pattern that I need to pull out, as one repeat makes a large coaster, and I don't want a scarf of it just yet, the basketweave pattern scarf from the yarn I made my socks out of, the headband from the yarn I made these AMAZING fingerless gloves out of. I can't wear the gloves, as the thumbs came out weird and I keep making holes in the space between my thumb and forefinger as that's where I hold my bag, but they're still amazing. And so is the yarn. I wanted that for like, seriously two or three months. And my latest project - labelled the Samantha hat on dailyknitter.com (how could I resist?) will soon become my Wonderland Hat.

Yes, you read that right. I picked this one Noro yarn that is seriously color varying all over the freakin' rainbow. As I wanted to make something really bold and "out there" as homage to the spirit of both Tim Burton and Lewis Carroll through this film, it's going to be PERFECT. I contemplated making a really odd scarf, but I couldn't think of any really crazy patterns offhand, and honestly, I have enough scarves for the time being. Hence why I'm making coasters instead of another lacey scarf.

But I digress.

I am REALLY looking forward to this Alice in Wonderland movie - have been, ever since I saw the first poster put up months and months ago. I adore Tim Burton's work (and not just cuz Johnny Depp is in most of it, though there is that! ;] ) and to see his dark oddness combined with, I hope, the eccentricity and trippyness that is Lewis Carroll and Alice... well, it's going to be an amazing experience.

Thinking of Alice leads me to Disney. I haven't gone for a few months, and as I have my pass still good until June, I REALLY want to go soon. Spring break is coming up in a few weeks, so there's then, but I also really want to make this a cast trip. If anyone can't afford it, there is the option to do the "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" volunteer stuff.

Okay! It's five-thirty. I now have to go to rehearsal, maybe have a panic attack at how much I'll be doing for the next three and a half hours, get back, write (and finish) a paper, and go to sleep. Hopefully all this will happen before midnight.

Don't wanna go from the belle of the ball to the ragamuffin, after all.

Hopefully happily ever after (today),

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment