Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hey all!

I'm home for the holidays.


^^^ you have no idea how long I've been waiting to spontaneously say that.

Anywho, I'm at home. I miss my friends at school, but I enjoy not having any homework. I do miss my boyfriend, of course. I wish he didn't live like three hours away from here.

I'm also the only healthy person in the house. Hence why I'm blogging now instead of watching TV or something with my parents. I'd like to keep my health, thank-you-very-much! Especially with Christmas next week!

Speaking of Christmas.. all my shopping's done! Hooray! Then again, I didn't have to buy for very many people. A friend of mine got the spare ticket to a play we saw last Saturday (Extinction, starring James Roday [from "Psych"] and Michael Weston... OMG sooo amazing! The whole Psych crew was there! Well, except the Chief and Lassie, but otherwise....), my boyfriend got various knick knacks I found that I thought he'd like, along with a scarf I knitted for him (the yarn was 80% baby alpaca and 20% silk... *dies*). Most of my family will get the various knitted things I've made over the past year. My family (on two sides.. I don't know about the third) has come up with a tradition that we pull names from a hat, and we only get that person a gift. It really helps, especially because you don't have to think about everyone, just the little kids and whoever you got. This year, I have my aunt Kathy and my mom. (Kathy is on one side of the family, my mom is from the other drawing). I shan't be posting what I got them here just yet, just in case, but I am jealous of them. They're going to LOVE their gifts. :)

I can't believe it's been a year since I started knitting. It has really calmed me down, and although it can get pricy to buy the top-notch yarn that I like, it is sooo worth it. Not to mention, for birthdays and such, presents are a snap!

So. My plans for the holidays. Well, I hope to do a trip maybe up the coast for fun, later on. My main goal is getting more background acting work, because that was a lot of fun when I did it last February. (Yeah, I did a two-day stint on Numb3rs. I was an FBI agent, a student, and a flash mob member. See if you can spot me in the episode of Season 5, "Animal Rites". I'm there. You'll see. XD ) Not to mention I thought it paid well for not that much work. The only thing is, it's very hard to get work independently - and by that, I mean if you're signed with Central Casting, and you only call their hotline like fifteen times a day. You need help. I was fully planning on signing with an extras agency this week, but woke up too late on all three days of registration. So that's put of until next week, unfortunately.

Facebook has changed its format YET AGAIN. *sigh* I don't really mind so much when I get used to it, but it's pretty disconcerting when you don't know where things are, all of a sudden.

Tomorrow is going to be fun, despite the chores my parents have set up for me. I plan on getting up earlier than I have been and racing through those, so I can go up to Valencia to pick up my aunt. Before that, however, I am fully planning on going to one of those pottery painting places, because I have a gift card there that's been burning a hole in my wallet! I really want to go! So after that, I'll pick up Aunt Janey and we'll come down to my area.. and we'll go and see Mary Poppins, the Musical in downtown. I'M SO EXCITED! We seem to have really good seats, and I want to see if it's as good as everyone says it is. <3

I suppose that's it for the time being. Please ignore the last post.. Or, actually, don't. Just accept it as a fragmented thought, as I was extremely multi-tasking at the time. ;)

By the way - is anyone actually out there? Or am I talking to myself still....? Let me know, random blog-people. :)

xoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment