Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Okay...

Just something to get off my chest. It's been bugging me for like a month and a half now.

I was on a job - Glee, if I remember right - and we were just sitting in holding. Again. So I bring out my knitting. It always brings out comments, but from the guy next to me:

"Oh my God!! What are you doing? Crocheting?!"
I correct him: it's knitting.

"Geez! That's so much worse! You're not a like eighty year old lady; you have no business doing that!"

What. The. FUCK?!

Has it really gotten in today's society that someone that isn't fully grown or an "eighty year old lady" can't enjoy a bit of craft work? How do these people think the eighty year old ladies whip out all the blankets and scarves and sweaters? It's not elementary stuff, Watson. It's fucking hard. They probably started when they were my age and advanced UNTIL they were able to get those projects out quickly for their significant other, then their children, then perhaps grandchildren. It's not like.. you turn a certain age, join AARP, and BAM! You know how to knit. Doesn't work that way, bucko.

Grr.

Sorry, this has been resting on me for a while. According to my calendar, since the beginning of August, apparently. And I'm working on sock #2 still - I had to put it down. I dislike socks. Not because of the DPNs... I actually don't mind those. But because I have to make two of them. I know, I know, it sounds terrible. But if I could get away with having mismatched knitted socks the rest of my life, I totally would. But... I'm pretty much on the foot now, so easy going. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

Okie doke. Xoxoxo!

Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment