Thursday, October 15, 2009

My day.

Today was a good day.

I had my typical exhausting 10:30-3 class schedule. I swear it wouldn't be so bad if I had a slightly longer break SOMEWHERE in there. But these classes are really fun, so I don't mind too much. Usually.

So I had a bit of an adventure on the way home. There was supposedly a fifty-minute drive only ten or fifteen miles away from my house, which was utterly ridiculous. So I looked on my GPS for the nearest yarn store.

Yeah, I know, I know. I have plenty of yarn as it is. But this was a new place, and I was only gonna look around, I swear!

So I'm driving around a part of town that I'm not all that familiar with anyhow. It's not dangerous, so I'm not feeling any of that paranoia. It's just when my GPS says I've passed the location over and over again (as I keep doing U-Turns, you know) that I get frustrated and finally figure out where the actual address is. It's in a residential neighborhood. I finally call them. And no, there is NOT a new yarn store. It's a commercial knitting place that only makes gloves. So I got lost for nothing.

Anywho, I made my way back to places I knew and saw that the freeway was still a nightmare, so took Ventura Blvd. Then that got kind of clogged, so I stopped off at my friend's dojo to say hi. It'd been a while, so it killed two birds with one stone. I'd chat for a while and wait out for the traffic to be gone.

Also while there I grabbed myself a schedule, so I'll probably stop by soon so I can get back up to date on my kata. I was trying to fall asleep earlier this week and one of my fail proof plans is that I go through my katas in my head, and the repetition puts me straight to sleep. Well. It appears that my fail proof plan can fail. It would certainly help if I actually remembered my kata. It's been a few years...

So. Yes. It has been a pretty epic day. :)

xoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment