Friday, October 9, 2009

This is new..

So today, I woke up late after seeing Medea (at UCLA with Annette Bening- very good!) and decided to go to lunch with my mom and one of her coworkers. We had sushi. It was yummy. ;)

After, I went to my local Lenscrafters to pick up my contacts. I swear I don't know why they keep on this one man. He's been there for a really long time, and he's always rude.

Then I headed back home. It's probably 2:30 at this time. Yet somehow, when my dad came home just now, I realized I'd been knitting for nearly three hours! This is not a big deal in my house - I'm always knitting. So why am I so shocked?

I was cabling.

To you non-knitters out there, a cable is the braid you see on various knitted pieces. Cabling is therefore the process of making said cable. I've tried it before but it always came out miserably. You could barely make out the cable pattern from the rest of the area.. There's more, I'm sure, but I blocked it out. ;)

But anyway, today I got home and decided after doing some reading that I would try again.

And it looks beautiful.

It takes a lot of concentration, as does anything, when you first learn it. That's why I was so surprised to see that three hours had gone by. I am hungry now, so the knitting's going down now and pizza's being ordered and we're going to watch Ghost Town with Ricky Gervais. Gonna be fun!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment