Thursday, October 1, 2009

So.

I made a rather radical decision last night. I shan't go into the details, but I will say that I hope my life will soon feel more normal, less out-of-control. Less bad drama. More respect and happiness.

I know it'll be for the good - things can only go up at this point - but it's still a hard choice to make, and I fear it'll be even harder to abide by.

Please let me have strength of will. Patience would also be nice. Clearness of sight (maybe inner sight - though some Visine wouldn't go too amiss! ;] ) would be best. I need to see what I can and cannot do, and the consequences of those actions.

This week seems to have been full of unfortunate revelations. I need a vacation.

Knitting update: I don't remember if I shared that I got the yarn necessary to finish my blanket. Well, I did. And I only have nine rows left - all knit stitch, which is so nice. As for the shirt - I have half of the back (below the armholes) finished. It's quite an easy repititive pattern. I just hope it fits, in the end. Also - there's this lovely lovely mohair-wool combination yarn I have that I had no clue what to do with.. then my second revelation of the night came through - make a lacy scarf! (It doesn't have enough yardage to do anything else.) This will be my first foray into anything lacy. I generally prefer larger (US 10+) needles, ribbing, or even just garter stitch.

So this'll be interesting.


EDIT: I tried the lace pattern with the yarn I had chosen out and it became itchy as hell. I don't think the mohair reacted well with the holes in the pattern.. It is a nice pattern, though, so I'll just choose another yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment