Saturday, August 15, 2009

3 days later...

So sorry I haven't been here for a few days. It's been a flurry of getting-back-to-school stuff - from hair to brows to picking up books to taking the last chance of the summer to go on vacation.

Here I am, in lovely San Diego. I absolutely adore the Gaslamp District- it seems like one of the nicest downtown areas around in SoCal- definitely including downtown LA (but excluding Phillipe's - yum!). Getting back on track... We walked around Ocean Beach for a while today. We ate at Hodad's, which is this burger joint that's been around since 1969. I think that the ambiance was nicer than the food itself- the burger was all right, but definitely below In N Out on the burger-goodness scale. Yet there was a line going down the block to get in! I don't get it. Anyway, Ocean Beach is full of antique-y shops so we roamed for a while.. I got a magnetic salt and pepper shaker set that is of Snoopy and Woodstock laying on top of Snoopy's doghouse. The roof of the house comes off, and that is where the seperate holes are- one set on the roof, the other "inside" the house. Very cute. I also got a blue glass heart pendant that reminded me so much of the necklace in Titanic... Can't wait for an apropos time to wear it.
After Ocean Beach, we dragged my dad into driving us to a yarn store a few miles away. I got three skeins, one of which I desperately needed.

Tomorrow is filled with (hopefully) water play in the bay, seeing a movie, and having some good food and company. :)

I know that anyone reading this must be on the edge of their seat - (please read bolded and italicized) "but what about the felted purse?!". Yes, I did felt it, it is drying, it is nice and fuzzy and much smaller than it was, thank God. I'm also about halfway through my blanket. My goal is for it to be done when I come home from vacation- in other words, on Wednesday afternoon. It shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully!

I recently re-watched The Birdcage and was reminded of its genius. Go watch it. Now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment