Monday, November 9, 2009

I have a confession to make.

I am a procrastionator.

There! I said it! Are you happy now?

So midterms have come and gone, and final exams and papers are upon us here. Isn't it lovely? So tomorrow, with my lovely, LOVELY (please note sarcasm for this) three-class day, I have so much work due, it's crazy.
For musical theatre: bring comfy shoes for dance, find script for My Fair Lady and Cinderella, and watch the insanely long DVD of West Side Story.
For multicultural lit: write a freakin' 5-7 page paper. Sure, it's the rough draft and double-spaced, but I still have no clue how to write this paper at all. I have a feeling mine's going to be closer to four pages.
For world drama and theatre: read the plays online so I can decide which I want to read my research paper on, so I can do and turn in the abstract tomorrow.

Fun stuff, fun stuff.

Today I had to show off my drawn and painted figures for Cloud 9 for costume design. If you haven't read this play, please do. It's so amazingly trippy and just insane all over. I really enjoyed it. Not to mention I think that it was my best work of the semester.

I am not an artist.

So I got back to my room and was going to start immediately on the huge load of stuff.. then noticed that on my autumn Jasper scarf, there was only a few more yards left. Okay, so I'll just finish that, then get started. Yeah, right.

So I finished the scarf - love love LOVE it, btw - and right after whipped out another set of needles, a pattern for a cowl, and the yarn I got for it yesterday at Velona's Needlework in Anaheim. Then proceeded to keep checking facebook and email alternatively while I did the first four rounds of 1x1 rib and first round of knit.

I'm going to call it my Neopolitan Cowl. It's made with white, brown, and pink self-striping yarn (Patons' Shetland Chunky, "Ashes of Roses") and looks like a bowl of neopolitan ice cream decided to become a cowl in Fair Isle pattern. It is quite lovely, and moving along quickly.

Okay... The blanket. Still not done. I told you before, I HATE ripping back! Only thing is: It's getting colder, and the blanket's cozy and warm, so I will force myself to finish it in short order, if only because I want to be warm and have the needles free again.

My outlook on life shall be stated Musical Theatre style, because that's just how my mindset is this semester - Everything's coming up roses! Loving school (for the most part), loving my peeps (you know who you are!), loving my hobby (especially finishing projects!), and loving life! <3

I bid you adieu, so I can go read some plays for world drama.

xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment