Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm not sure..

if I like this whole Thanksgiving-week-off deal. Sure, it sounds good in theory. A whole week off?! Gee, thanks Mister! But going from a week of constant schoolwork (I'd like to meet one of my classmates who has not spent this week working on papers and projects!) to a national holiday to a few more days of relaxation and work back to the grind and back to finals, of all things.

Not to mention, I've been so busy, I've barely seen anyone besides my parents. I love em dearly, but I do miss seeing my peers on a regular basis. (No, Juliet, I didn't forget about you.. just saw you today. The first non-family person this week!) Hopefully the 5 week long winter break will be better. I won't be doing papers, and I won't worry about deadlines, and I'll be able to work how I wish (extras time!) or I could go to Disneyland! It's all wide open!

So I think yeah, winter break's gonna be better than this. I am not looking forward to Sunday night and Monday night. Getting everything done in time is gonna be hell.

I'd better look forward toward tomorrow, then! I get to go see Spring Awakening, at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. The next few weekends are jam-packed full of shows! I think the weekend after this is Grinch, then a play with James Roday of Psych, then Mary Poppins. I think. That sounds about right.

Okie doke, knitted stuff.
-made a pair of fingerless gloves out of Noro's Cash Island. It's a great yarn, but thinner than I anticipated. If I make another pair with it, I'll have to pair it with a solid yarn...
-have most of the sweater done! One full side is complete, but I don't think I have enough yarn for the second, so I kind of have it still on needles in the first stage - but mostly complete in that stage. I go back to school (and the Michael's by it) on Sunday, so I may pick it up then. I checked my local one and they don't stock it. They barely had one ball of the brand at all. It was kind of pathetic.

I went to THREE Thanksgiving dinners this week. The first one was when I was going out to Arizona again and saw the whole clan. The second was our traditional one - heading over to my aunt's - my mom's sister - and having Thanksgiving lunch. The third was heading from my aunt's to my uncles - Gary's brother - and having dessert. That's where I beat my kid cousins at pool. They were astonished that I kept winning. Well, yeah, I have 10 years of experience over you!

Anywho, I'm tired from doing Black Friday today (soooo worth it....) so I'm off to bed.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment