Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ow.

I just ran into a door. Well, it kind of bitch-slapped me, but since it's an inanimate object, I'll just say that I ran into it. But I digress.

Has it really only been a few days since I last updated? It feels like a lot's gone down since then..

Well, I've had a long weekend so far. It's Thursday evening, and I'm technically on Night Two of This Weekend. It's not been as productive as I'd like, but I blame only myself because I never COULD work in my room properly. But I'm working now, so that's okay.

Ah, er, um... knitting news!

I finished my blanket. THANK GOODNESS! About time, right? Well, apparently the numbing solution for ripping back four rows is watching various episodes of Sex and the City. Problem solved, all bound off, and I have a nice lovely LONG afghan at the foot of my bed.

Also: I started (and finished) a neck-warmer last night. It was this really cool pattern, and I had a button and some spare yarn and the right needles.. it just all cried out to be made RIGHT NOW. And I did. And it's pretty and warm and not really itchy, which is good.

Um, um... I've almost finished up the ball of the Neopolitan Cowl yarn. Fortunately, apparently my local Michael's carries it, so when I run errands tomorrow I'll just get another. :)

Another small project I've been working on is this pillow. It's a star, and the various pieces are really easy to work on... I've been doing one a night before I get to bed. Again, Michael's may come in handy - I don't know how much stuffing I'll need for it when push comes to shove.

This weekend's going to be fun. Tomorrow is the circus themed block party, which is always exciting. I'm fully planning on dressing somewhat crazy, by the way. Be warned. ;)
Um.. then Saturday my mom's friend is hosting a baptism.. And Sunday I get to have brunch with one of my closest friends from when I was younger.. and I'm really really excited for that! It's been a while since we've properly caught up, so it'll be fun.

I think that's it for the time being. Gotta go, my contacts are driving me NUTS!

xoxo-

No comments:

Post a Comment