Friday, November 13, 2009

My hair...

looks a little like a wig right about now. I spent FOREVER getting used to my new hot rollers, but the end result is a bit fantastic, if a bit poofy and crunchy cuz I hairsprayed it upside down to slow the straightening process. Also, I have on my scarlet red lipstick - the one that gets used for special occasions so still feels brand new and I curled my lashes and put on lip liner and blush and a whole bunch of stuff that normally doesn't happen.

I feel like I look good right about now. I love this feeling! It ususally comes in this huge dose when I've spent hours dolling myself up, but in the end it's always worth it. I don't ususally spend that much time on myself, makeup and hair - wise, but the knowledge is there. I just don't have the time (or patience, everyday) to get like this. Oh goodness no.

So today I went on a mini shopping spree through Target and Ross. I'd forgotten all about Ross, except for the irritating commercials that have popped up recently. So I got a shirt for tonight (I cut off the collar and made it 80s style) and these AMAZING argyle style tights. They give the impression that my leg is being wrapped in 1/2" wide straps, but then there's these purple squares that appear in the diamond between the straps. SO cool.

Plus I'm wearing a skirt tonight, so I'm gonna want to have some insulation between myself and the cold (?) air.

I also attempted to complete my "business" look, so I can sign with an extras agency soon, but I don't know if the pants I got are going to work. I'll bring them home this weekend and check with the whole outfit.

Oh, good, my nails are finally dry.

This weekend should be fun. Tomorrow I'm planning on having lunch with my best friend from middle school. Then, (again), Sunday I'm having brunch with one of my best friends from elementary school! (Yesterday, I caught up with a friend from high school. This has been/ is going to be a week of reunions!)

So these few free days off have been very good to me, knit-wise. I did not get as far ahead in my school work as I would have liked, but that's all right. HOWEVER! I did finish the blanket. This is still a huge deal for me! It was there to comfort me after I had my wisdom teeth taken out, when I went on road trips and went through friends.

This weekend I'm also going to be focusing on memorizing my monologue to audition for next semester's production. I've chosen one from Oleanna, and I think it's pretty good, especially with the material of the show in mind. I've also got to work on my three other scenes - one from Cinderella, one from My Fair Lady, and one from an Argentinian play called Information for Foreigners. The latter needs to get memorized more quickly than the others do - the performance date is two days earlier.

Okay, well, I'm feeling the bass line through my walls and hearing the beat of the music of the block party not quite outside my window. Should be fun!

TTFN-

No comments:

Post a Comment