Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm sure...

Everyone out there will be happy to know that the "damn yarn" from last post did behave.. almost immediately after I posted, as a matter of fact. I think it just wanted into the blog. Silly yarn. I don't blame it - it was wonderful. A mix of wool and silk. *happy sigh* It worked on size 10 needles, with 2x2 ribbing. It worked out well, as the friend I gave it to appreciated the more sensible stitch.

Ah, let's see, what's going on in my world? Me and Ernest are still going, and I still couldn't be happier. I still know it's been too short to really make an opinion (or so I hear) but I don't care, I'm happy.

Aside from that, life has basically been school. Still. And of course three of my classes have papers due on the same day. FML. But not really, cuz I love my life.

Halloween weekend was fun. Friday, Ernest, Lauren and I headed to Disneyland again.. we didn't really do much, but what we did was a blast, in my opinion. Only thing that could have gone better was that the Halloween Space Mountain scared the crap out of me! I am not a horror flick loving chick, and honestly didn't expect Disney to make it so... so... words escape the fright that came from that ride. Ah.. Actual Halloween was pretty fun. Ernest and I watched The Matrix (cuz I hadn't properly seen it, before), then Lauren and I carved pumpkins as I was partially dressed up for Halloween.

I don't know if it was shared, but here it is: I was going as Dolly Parton.

Feel free to laugh.

All I can say is: I managed to put on false lashes for the first time in my life, and couldn't be prouder. The false nails fell like flies - they were all gone once two hours was up. The wig was hysterical. The fake boobs were so embarassing to shop for, but so fun to walk around in. My balance was totally weird due to them.

We stopped several different places: my neighborhood, Lauren's grandma's neighborhood, then my uncles' neighborhood. Mine was a let-down (my house is the one that celebrates the most. It's great, but not fun when walking around looking for other holiday-y people). Lauren's grandma's was a goldmine! Not only did we get a load of candy, but my costume got recognized (!!!) and we stumbled across a gang of pre-teen boys running around in drag. They cat-called me and Lauren, saying stuff like, "You think YOU'RE a woman? Pfft!" and "Please don't judge me..." XD They had some guts, I must say.

So let's see here. I am (still, continuously) surrounded by yarn and needles of various sizes and textures. One is a lovely lovely cotton scarf (for a Christmas gift!) that may almost be completed; I've not quite yet decided yet. One day I'll say Yes it is, time to cast off, then the next day I'll say No way in Hell, this needs to be longer! My mind will be made up by Christmas, I swear. Another project is a wool autumn scarf (I know, I'm a bit late) also in 2x2 rib - it's my favorite, lately - that I know I'll need more of when I go home, as the scarf is fairly wide and the skein only consisted of 98 yards and I can see this needed 300, easily. Number three is an acrylic yarn that's sort of soft (but will be really warm!) in a really different kind of pattern, for my friend going to Iraq. And number four is nylon and acrylic, denim blue, and so warm and soft I almost don't want to let it go. It's also in 2x2 ribbing, and almost as tall as I am. I'd almost forgotten how to make a scarf longer than 45 inches - this is probably 61 1/2, if my eyeballing is correct. I need to make this long - it's a guy's scarf, also for my friend going to Iraq. I've been on auto-pilot for the past few hours, surfing the web, reading friends' blogs, facebooking.. and it just grew and grew (yep, that 2x2 rib is very repetitive). Oh so soft.. I only hope he likes it.

That seems to be it for now.

H&K's!

No comments:

Post a Comment