Sunday, January 3, 2010

Karma

I really believe in karma.

My feelings will (and do) flip flop on other forms of spiritual and otherworldly guidance. But karma has a set feel to it. I enjoy knowing that no matter what happens, negative people will get their due, as will positive people.

I truly try to not demean people - to accept them for who they are, despite any differences in opinion that we may have. Of course, I'm not a saint. I have never proclaimed to be one. I have lost quite a few friends over the past four years, and I cannot understand why. I do not pretend to say that since I do not know why, it is completely their fault. No. It is just when someone is catty and mean that I will not put much stock in their opinion anymore. And, well, since I live in the most superficial town in the world, maybe this is a negative effect. Maybe I've a personality quirk that drives these people away. Maybe they just pick up on my disdain for their shallow behavior. I don't know.

I do know - and here, relating to the beginning of the post - that those people who have deliberately and repeatedly put me down: Brittany and Nicole, for example - they will get their due reward.

This is why I'm content to wait. I know that people who take the high road can be infuriating to those who do not. Not to mention, what would I be if I stooped to their level for petty and personal revenge for things that happened even years ago?

Okay. My philisophical mood is ebbing. Time to end the post.

Best karma to you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment